Landward is one of three warm and cosy ex-lighthouse keepers' cottages in a secluded rural location overlooking the sea on the southernmost point of the Isle of Wight. This fabulous coastal cottage is approximately ten-minute drive from the popular seaside resort of Ventnor. St Margaret's Lighthouse comprises a working (unmanned) lighthouse, and a terrace of three holiday cottages, Landward Cottage, sleeps four guests, while Gurnard and Penda Cottage can sleep five. These three Ventnor holiday cottages can be booked together for multi-family holidays. There is an excellent real ale pub a ten-minute walk up the hill while the beach is a few minutes walk down the hill.
Landward holiday cottage at a glanceSleeps four guests.
* Two bedrooms and one shower room. * Fully enclosed and private courtyard with a shared open grassed area. * Parking is to the rear of your cottage. Please see Notes. * Sorry, no pets. * The lighthouse does not have a fog signal. * WiFi. * Minimum stay of a two night stay. * Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Electric effect woodburner, TV and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- There are guided tours of the lighthouse throughout the year (subject to availability). If you would like to view the lighthouse please click here or telephone 01983 730435.
- Also on this site is Gurnard Cottage, sleeping five guests and Penda Cottage, sleeping five guests.
Ventnor Attractions and Nearby Amenities
- Within easy reach of the beach.
- Enjoy a historical day exploring Carisbrooke Castle, Brading Roman Villa or Arreton Old Village.
- Stroll around the lovely Rosemary Vineyard.
- Close by is Sandown Pier.
- Isle of Wight Military History Museum
- A great day for the whole family is Robin Hill Park and Gardens, the brilliant Isle of Wight Zoo as well as Seaview Wildlife Encounters.
- Nearby beaches include Ventnor beach, Shanklin beach, Freshwater Bay and Sandown beach including the Battery Gardens.
To make an enquiry or book Landward Cottage, please use the Visit Website buttons for further information. When making an enquiry, please tell us that you found this holiday cottage on Isle of Wight on the My Favourite Holiday Cottages website. Thank you.